Thursday, October 18, 2012

Golden Chevrons


If you couldn't tell from my last post, I'm definitely loving chevron prints right now. So when I started brainstorming for my engagement photoshoot I decided I wanted to incorporate the fabulous print into our props! I can't want to get back all of our pictures to share with you but for now I give you a sneak peek of the picnic we had :-) That's Gladys above, our seriously amazing photographer, taking some stills of my new favorite picnic blanket!
I was searching the internet for cute picnic blankets and found this blog post by Twig and Thistle. It looked simple enough, so my fiance and I went to Home Depot to pick up a canvas drop cloth, painter's tape, and gold spray paint. It took us 2 or 3 hours to get it all done and discovered afterwards that we forgot to tape off a few small spots, but I love how it turned out! The only thing I would do differently is maybe prime it first so the color really pops. I have a canvas tote that I've been meaning to spray paint with a fun print so now I'm definitely motivated! Here are a few more pics from start to finish.

Create a template. We used cardboard and measured out for 3 inch stripes on our 5X5 blanket.
Trace your template onto your blanket and be sure to tape off all of the areas you don't want painted.
Paint! We used two cans of Rustoleum Gold Spray Paint.
Let dry and remove your tape.
Hello pretty blanket!


1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Hope to try this sometime soon :)

    I'd really appreciate it if you could check out my blog and YouTube channel! Thanks! :)
    http://www.allglammedupstyle.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/allGLAMMEDupStyle?feature=mhee

    XO Katie

    ReplyDelete