Monday, June 18, 2012

Country Girl

J.Crew Top, via Poshmark (shop similar)/ Forever 21 Maxi Dress/ Alexis Hudson Clutch(shop similar)/ Chinese Laundry Wedges/ Michael Kors Watch/ Nordstrom Necklace/ Kate Spade Sunglasses
My sister got us tickets for a mixer that kicked off Livermore's Rodeo weekend. I've attended the Rodeo in the past and always try to make it to the Rodeo Parade but I am certainly not a Cowgirl by any means. Needless to say I had no clue what to wear to a Rodeo Mixer and really just didn't know what to expect; my costume Cowgirl hats would be an embarrassment to all of the legit hats that the real Rodeo participants would be wearing and I don't even own a pair of Cowgirl boots! So I threw on a chambray button up over a maxi dress for what I thought was a successful mix of Country + Kristen style [heavy on the Kristen]. It was a fun, very laid back night with great BBQ and an awesome live Country band, I would definitely attend again...but I'm thinking I might just leave my sequined clutch at home next time and try to learn some more Country music dance moves in the meantime :-)

1 comment:

  1. aren't chambray tops the best? i love how you styled this!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete