Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It was Furniture Fate...

Forever 21 Blazer/ Jenny Han Top, Nordstrom/ Kenar Capris/ Steve Madden Flats/ Jessica Simpson Bag/ Cara NY Necklace/ Michael Kors Watch/ Sophie Watch, Nordstrom/ Forever 21 Rings
Less than a year ago I spotted a settee for sale on craigslist, it was faded denim with red piping but had an adorable shape and was the perfect size for our living room. It has taken quite sometime {lost in the pile of our other home projects} but we {by we I mean my mom did 90% and I did 10%} have finally achieved my vision for it and it really came together nicely. We used a patterned material on the sides and back and a simple cream for the seat. On Saturday we were out doing a bit of garage sale-ing and scored this adorable ottoman. I'd been looking at other larger ottomans that would have cost us 20x the sweet deal we got on this ottoman. And since we are planning to reupholster an accent chair to match, we had plenty of left over material to recover the ottoman. To add the cherry on top, we weren't even thinking about artwork but we happened to stumble upon this piece of art to go over the settee, not only was it perfect but it was also on major clearance...furniture fate? I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment